This is one tasty recipe you can whip up for breakfast on a weekend or make for a quick and easy supper on a weeknight after work.
You can add as much or as little to it as you like — I made a veggie version with eggs, sweet potato, mushrooms, peppers and onions but to be honest you only really need the sweet potato and eggs. You could throw in some chorizo if you liked. Or you could top with some mashed avocado. Or you could add chicken and bacon, or tomatoes, or chilli, or…well, anything you like. Or you add spices – garlic, paprika, coriander, oregano, whatever. Go wild.
The recipe calls for oil, I used Fry Light. It was filling and satisfying, so great for you Slimming World-ers, and I thoroughly recommend you give it a try.
- Two medium-large sweet potatoes, grated
- Four spring onions, sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- A handful of mushrooms, sliced
- Four eggs
- Grated hard cheese
- In a large, oven-safe frying pan, drizzle a little oil and fry the sweet potatoes in it for five minutes. Stir frequently
- Preheat your grill to high
- Throw in the peppers, onions and mushrooms. Keep stirring for 5 minutes more
- Use a spoon to make four little wells in the sweet potato and crack an egg into each one. Lower the heat to medium and cook until the white starts to turn cloudy and white
- Sprinkle each egg with cheese and put the pan under the grill for a minute or so more until the eggs are completely cooked to your liking. You want them runny – poke with a spoon to check
- Season well with good quality salt and pepper, then serve