1. My mum came to stay on Monday! We went to Morrison’s to buy cake, then went to an all-you-can-eat Chinese buffet, then came back and watched A Knight’s Tale. There’s a reason I love my mum so much — she is AWESOME in every way.
2. Did anyone else spend Sunday staring at a screen in amazement as a man JUMPED TO EARTH FROM SPACE?! The second when he stepped onto the ledge outside his little cagey thing and you could see the Earth below him was simultaneously wonderful and terrible. I believe I interrupted myself halfway through a sentence to swear profusely.
3. The previous sentence shows how well my October Swearing Ban is going.
4. Garry eats Coco Pops. When I went shopping they had no Coco Pops, so I bought Chocolate Squares instead (my favourite cereal). Garry decided that he doesn’t like Chocolate Squares so said I could finish his bowl. This is how I ended up eating an entire box of cereal in 12 hours. There’s a reason I’m overweight.
5. Told you John would win The Great British Bake Off. Boooooo. More interestingly, did you see the post that Danny wrote about doing it? Veeeery interesting.
6. Friday, I went to a conference all about games at the beautiful Conway Hall. There were some video games being demonstrated, there was a philosopher talking about the value of suffering/pain in video games, and there was a woman who spent 45 minutes talking about clapping games. It was marvellous. And I’m in love with the venue.
7. Garry’s little brother came over to stay this weekend. We took him to Harrods. Have you seen Harrods food hall? I was walking around clutching my face to stop it from eating everything in sight.
8. And then we went to Wahaca, where I ate everything in sight.
9. I started crying at puppies in Harrods, which wasn’t a high point. But then I saw a giant Lego man, which made it better.
How was your week?
Love, Amy xxx