I try not to take the mick when it comes to blogging freebies and events. I love reading blogs as well as writing them, and I know you guys probably don’t care if I get invited to a nice event and you don’t want to read endless reviews of free stuff people send me. I want to write stuff that you will enjoy.
That being said, I have my limits. When Lindt offers to send me free chocolate…guys, I’m gonna say yes. I just…am.
This is what they sent me. The cooking chocolate I used in my ganache video, and I can vouch for its high quality — we made a second set of ganache using supermarket own brand chocolate and the difference was astounding. We threw the second batch away and devoured the first.
The chocolate bars didn’t last very long, either. The bars are made up a creamy filling surrounded in white chocolate. Lime Splash was zesty and fresh tasting, and Berry Affair tasted absolutely delicious, like one of those white chocolate strawberry creams you get in a posh box of chocolates. I can’t recommend them highly enough — I ate them both the very afternoon they arrived.
Just a note: Strawberries are my favourite fruit by far, and I adore strawberry chocolate. I’m the bitch that eats all the strawberry creams out of a box of Quality Street, and I almost gave myself diabetes when Cadbury’s released a special strawberries and cream summer edition of Dairy Milk. I love strawberry chocolate.
So I decided to make this strawberry chocolate mousse. Spoiler alert: it is very, very good.
You can of course make this with normal dark chocolate, but I really recommend the Strawberry Intense stuff. Man, it was good.
- 45g strawberry flavoured dark chocolate (I used Lindt Strawberry Intense)
- A pinch of sugar
- 1 large egg
- Strawberries, to serve
- Melt the chocolate, either by putting it in a heatproof dish over a pan of barely simmering water or in 10 second blasts in the microwave. Stir and set aside
- Separate the egg. Whisk the egg white until it's in soft-peak stage, then add a pinch of sugar and whisk again until fully combined
- Add the egg yolks to the chocolate and stir to combine. Take a large tablespoon of the egg whites and stir into the chocolate mix to loosen it. Then fold the chocolate and the egg whites together, keeping as much of the air in the egg whites as possible
- Put in a wine glass or small pot, and refrigerate for at least four and a half hours to set
- Serve with sliced strawberries
And the final bar of Strawberry Intense? It fell into my mouth.
Not even sorry.