I’m almost loathe to share this with you, you’re going to get spoilt by these beautiful recipes from Ashley and Peach Trees and Bumblebees…just don’t expect such loveliness when I get back!
Wine Baked Peaches with Caramelised Ginger
These are absolutely scrum-diddly-umptious and are definitely pretty damn healthy considering they are so yummy. They are brilliant served with creme fraiche or fromage frais (the proper stuff, non of this half fat nonsense) and are particularly excellent with a sweet dessert wine.
Write a review
- 4 large, ripe peaches
- 8 tsp of dark muscavado sugar (approximately – you can use more or less if you like!)
- 8 tsp of chopped stem ginger (plus extra for serving if you like)
- Dessert wine or brandy
- Preheat your oven to 180°c. Pop your apron on (and if it’s Friday night, have a glug or your dessert wine).
- Line a shallow baking tray with a layer of tin foil.
- Chop your peaches in half, and carefully remove the stones. Lay them out on your tray side by side, flesh side up.
- Pop a teaspoon of chopped stem ginger into the hole in the middle of each peach-half and lightly sprinkle about a teaspoon of muscavado sugar on top of each. You can add more if you like, or even add a little around the edge of peach.
- Pour about a tablespoon of dessert wine or brandy into each hole and carefully put into the oven. Bake for approximately 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 10 minutes.
- Immediately before serving dollop some creme fraiche or fromage frais into the stop of each peach half (or add it right across the two peaches) and sprinkle with a little extra brown sugar or ginger.
She Cooks, She Eats http://www.shecookssheeats.co.uk/