I supposed I should really be calling these “Slimming World friendly pancakes”, as this is the recipe that’s being passed around the Slimming World forums and Instagram community — but they are flourless, too, so it’s a perfectly decent description.
So, this. Not my recipe. There are some very clever Slimming World people who figure out how to make low-calorie adaptations of pretty much everything you can think of. They have figured out two pancake recipes — one using oats and this one. I like this one the most, so this is the one I’m sharing with you. It’s a good thing to know when you’re just starting out on Slimming World, that you can still have something delicious like pancakes for breakfast on a Sunday morning.
And yes, I said “like pancakes”. These are going to fool nobody in a Pancake Taste-a-like competition. They’re a good approximation, but not exactly the same. Doesn’t mean they’re not gorgeous, though. They smell like pancakes, and look like pancakes, and they taste sweet and yummy. But they’re not pancakes. Just want to make that clear.
I had mine with honey and lots of berries. You can serve yours with whatever you like. In fact, I have a post all about pancake fillings right here. Knock yourself out, kid.
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon of sweetener
- A splash of vanilla essence
- Cinnamon/nutmeg (optional)
- Separate the egg
- Beat the sweetener, a pinch of the spices (if using) and a few drops of vanilla into the yolk
- Whisk the white to soft peak stage, then carefully fold the yolk into the white
- Spray a frying pan well with Fry Light. Drop blobs of the mix into the hot pan and fry for a few minutes on each side, flipping carefully (they're more fragile than normal pancakes)
- You know they're ready when they deflate after being flipped
- This recipe is easily doubled/tripled/etc for more than one person