When I first wrote about this, I described it as “nothing special really”. I was wrong. This dinner is AMAZING. I re-made it recently because the original photograph was rubbish, and I devoured it. Crisp, lemony beans, soft chicken, salty bacon — ooo, it’s delicious.
And it’s healthy, and it’s do-able in 30 minutes. Make it now, I implore you.
- 450g new potatoes
- 250g (ish) of runner beans
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices of bacon
- 1 crushed clove of garlic
- the juice of one lemon
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 10-15 minutes. Trim the green beans and slice them in half - to cook simply add them to the potatoes for the last three minutes of the cooking time. Then drain the vegetables well
- Whilst the potatoes are cooking, flatten the chicken breasts. To do this, put the chicken breast between two piece of cling film and bash it gently with a rolling pin until it's about 1cm thick. Season with salt and pepper
- Chop the bacon into little pieces, then fry it in a large frying pan. When it's cooked, set aside under a warm grill
- Cook the chicken breasts in the pan for three minutes on each side. Put under the grill to keep warm when cooked through
- Finish by taking the pan off the heat and adding the garlic and lemon juice. Toss the green beans in this juice. Then divide the beans and potatoes between four plates, cut the chicken in half and put two halves on each plate, and sprinkle the bacon over the top