So, chicken and chorizo pizza.
I love making pizza from scratch. Pizza is delicious and almost universally loved, and it’s super easy to make. However, presenting your friends and loved ones with a pizza that you yourself have hand made makes you feel, if you’ll excuse my swearing, like the shit. You feel absolutely awesome.
I love chorizo, everyone who reads this blog is aware of that. So putting it on a pizza with some chicken, red onion and a shed load of cheese was always going to be something I liked very, very much. This is definitely a winner of a recipeFollow the instructions on a packet of bread mix, rolling it out to pizza size. It should also say on the pack what temperature to heat the oven to — if not, 200C should be fine.
Whilst the bread is proving, slice the onion and fry it slowly until it’s sweet and slightly charred. Remove the onion from the pan and make the sauce by dicing the garlic and adding it to a frying pan along with the carton of passata. Tip in a tablespoon of oregano and a good shake of Worcestershire sauce.
Smear the sauce on top of the proven dough. As you can see here my dough was perfectly round (not) and my sauce was perfectly smeared (not).
Sprinkle cheese on top of the sauce, and then add the chicken, chorizo and red onion. Then sprinkle a few more bits of cheese on top.
- 1 package of pizza dough mix (or you can make your own)
- 1 red onion
- 1 small carton of passata
- 1 garlic clove
- Worcestershire sauce
- A handful of cooked chicken
- 140g chorizo
- Cheddar and/or mozzarella
- Follow the instructions on the pizza dough mix, rolling it to a circle, and pre-heat the oven to 200C
- While the bread is proving slice the onion and fry it for about 10 minutes on a medium heat. Remove from the pan
- Make the sauce - add the garlic to the pan along with the carton of passata. Add a tablespoon of oregano, a good shake of Worcestershire sauce and some seasoning
- When the dough is ready, smear the sauce over the dough. Sprinkle over some cheese, the chicken, the chorzio and the red onion. Add a little more cheese on top
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- Cut into slices and serve