Why hell-ooooooo there…
Here’s the deal. It’s January. You’re probably skint (I certainly am). You’ve probably got a resolution to lose weight or eat healthily (I certainly do) but have quickly found out that it’s hard to think of what to eat that’s tasty and everything healthy is so expensive and with the January blues all you want to do is come home and curl up with something quick, comforting and delicious, like she does in that Heinz tomato soup advert.
Well I am here to provide you with a quick, easy, cheap, delicious and comforting soup recipe. Try it, thank me later. This recipe is courtesy of my mother, with a few tweaks from me.
Cook until hot, then blend either in a food processor or using a stick blender.
And if you want to know how much soup this quick and easy recipe makes, it makes this much (6-8 servings)
- 2 tins of chopped tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 red pepper
- 1 can of baked beans
- 300ml stock
- Dice the red onion, the pepper and the garlic clove. Fry in a large saucepan for five minutes until soft
- Add all the other ingredients, along with some seasoning
- Cook until hot, then blend either in a food processor or using a stick blender
- Serve with some crusty croutons