Chicken Fajita Salad
Just over two years ago, I blogged an Express Chicken Fajita Salad recipe that I’d…urm…nicked from the Slimming World magazine.
I was young, forgive me.
Whilst on holiday I was daydreaming about food (I do this a lot. Although not usually lying by the pool in baking sunshine) and thinking about making a salad based around a fajita. That previous recipe, with its rice, feels more like a burrito. I wanted a fajita salad, and I wanted something fresh and clean tasting and delicious. So that’s what I made.
You can add cheese to this, if you like. You could throw in some sliced chillis if you liked heat, or swop the sweetcorn for black beans, or have salsa/guacamole on the side. Basically, think of what you like in your fajitas and put it on your salad! This is just a base — play around with it however you like.
- A head of your favourite lettuce
- 1 large green pepper
- 1 large red pepper
- 350g shredded chicken (add more or less if you like)
- 1 red onion
- Several heaped tablespoons of sweetcorn (basically, however much you want to add)
- 2 large limes
- Shred the lettuce and pile it on the plates
- Top with the sliced peppers and chicken. Dice the red onion and scatter over the plate with the sweetcorn
- Cut the limes in half and put a half on each plate. This should be squeezed over the plate just before serving